See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Highway Trust Fund Bill
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill to authorize funds for federal-aid highways, highway safety programs, and transit programs and for other purposes.
- Authorizes appropriations out of the Highway Trust Fund up until the 2009 fiscal year for various federal aid-highways systems and programs (Sec. 1101).
- Establishes the Equity Bonus Program to revise federal highway funding minimum guarantee provisions for each state (Sec. 1104).
- Appoints the Department of Transportation as the lead federal agency in the environmental review process for a project (Sec. 1206).
- Directs the Secretary to conduct an ongoing intelligent system transportation program to research, develop, and operationally test and advance nationwide deployment of intelligent transportation systems as a component of the U.S. surface transportation systems (Sec. 5602).
- Modifies provisions governing the development and revitalization of U.S. public transportation systems and provides appropriations (Secs. 1702, 3002).
- Reauthorizes and modifies the following federal-aid programs: the surface transportation program, the highway trust fund and excise tax credit program, and the hazardous materials transportation program (Secs. 3043, 7001-7027, 9000).