See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Homeland Security Department FY2005 Appropriations Bill
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that would appropriate $32 billion for the Department of Homeland Security.
- $2.5 billion for Project Bioshield.
- $4.1 billion for state and local first responders.
- $9.6 billion for border protection and related activities.
- $5.7 billion for transportation security.
- $1.1 billion for research, development and deployment of innovative technologies.
- $9 billion for traditional missions, such as immigration, disaster mitigation and relief, drug interdiction, law enforcement, maritime safety and security, and trade.
- $855 million for the protection of the nation's critical infrastructure.