See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Homeland Security Department FY 2006 Appropriations Act
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that appropriates $34.5 billion for the Department of Homeland Security.
- Limits the Transportation Security Agency to 45,000 employees.
- Appropriates $7.5 billion for the United States Coast Guard.
- Appropriates $6.7 billion for preparedness and recovery, including state and local program grants, firefighter assistance grants, and emergency preparedness and response.
- Appropriates $5.8 billion for customs and border protection.
- Appropriates $5.3 billion for the Transportation Security Administration.
- Appropriates $4.3 billion for immigration and customs enforcement.
- Appropriates $2.6 billion for research and development, training, assessments, and services.
- Appropriates $1.2 billion for the United States Secret Service.
- Appropriates $685 million for the Department of Management and Operations.
- Appropriates $422 million for border and transportation security.
- Appropriates $200 million, which is subtracted from various office and agency budgets, to fund the REAL ID Act of 2005.
- Implements a security plan to allow general aviation aircraft to land and take off at Washington's Ronald Reagan National Airport (Sec. 524).