See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Defense Department FY 2007 Authorization bill
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that appropriates $505.23 billion to the Department of Defense and related agencies.
- Prohibits cruel, inhumane, or degrading treatment of any individual in custody or physical control of the U.S. government, regardless of geographical location (Sec. 1061).
- Establishes a limited plan to be used if necessary by Air Force for retiring any B-52H Bomber Aircrafts (Secs. 144, 145).
- Restricts the use of funds for certain purposes in Iraq, including forbidding establishment of U.S. military bases in Iraq and exercising U.S. control of oil in Iraq (Sec. 1419).
- $129.53 billion for operation and maintenance of the Department of Defense (Sec. 301).
- $112.04 billion for military personnel (Sec. 421).
- $85.73 billion for procurement (Secs. 101 - 104).
- $74.16 billion for research, development, test and evaluation (Sec. 201).
- $2.23 billion for the Iraq Freedom Fund.
- $20.92 billion for the Defense Health Program (Sec. 303).