See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: 2007 Budget Resolution
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a resolution that sets the budget outlays for 2006 through 2011 at $14.58 trillion, estimates the federal revenue for 2006 through 20011 at $11.73 trillion and sets a discretionary funding limit for 2006 and 2007 at $1.97 trillion.
- Appropriates $2.81 trillion for Federal Old-Age and Survivors Insurance Trust Fund and Federal Disability Insurance Trust Fund.
- Appropriates $3.13 trillion for national defense.
- Appropriates $2.56 trillion for Medicare.
- Appropriates $2.28 trillion for Income Security.
- Appropriates $1.82 trillion for health.
- Appropriates $539.93 billion for education, training, employment and social services.
- Appropriates $186.35 billion for natural resources and environment.
- Appropriates $146.56 billion for agriculture.
- Appropriates $29.57 billion for administrative Social Security expenses.
- Appropriates $5.95 billion for energy.
- Indicates that the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs can allocate $5.6 billion in new budget authority for flood claims in 2005 (Sec. 308).
- Allows funds for a Gulf Coast Protection, Reconstruction and Recovery Fund, if created, to come from the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) receipts, offshore energy receipts, and Digital Television Transition and Public Safety Fund surplus receipts (Sec. 322).
- Authorizes the chairman of the Committee on the Budget to notify the Senate if the total Medicare spending exceeds 45% of the General Fund within 7 years (Sec. 406).