See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Legal Immigrants Assistance Eligibility Amendment
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to adopt an amendment that makes legal immigrants eligible to receive some forms of assistance.
- Makes legal immigrants eligible for:
- Emergency medical services;
- Benefits under National School Lunch Act;
- Assistance under Child Nutrition Act of 1996;
- Public health assistance for immunizations and treatment of communicable diseases;
- Services related to domestic violence or child abuse;
- Some programs of student assistance;
- Means-tested programs of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965;
- Benefits under Head Start Act; and
- Prenatal and postpartum services.