See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Continued Deployment of Forces in Kosovo Amendment
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to adopt an amendment that requires the President to certify that the burden sharing goals for the European Commission, members of the European Union (EU), and European members of NATO are being met in order that US ground troops in Kosovo can continue to be deployed.
- Withholds funding for operations in Kosovo unless the President certifies that the European Commission, members of the EU, and European members of NATO are sharing the burden of the reconstruction effort before April 1, 2001.
- Allows the President to waive the certification requirement in the interest of national security.
- Requires the President to report to Congress on the commitments and pledges made by the European Commission, members of the EU, and European members of NATO on the following issues:
- Reconstruction and humanitarian assistance in Kosovo;
- The Kosovo Consolidated Budget; and
- Special police forces to be used by the U.N. international police force in Kosovo.