See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Agricultural Aid Amendment
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to adopt an amendment that would provide $7.3 billion in financial assistance to farmers for fiscal year 2000.
- $500 million for disaster reserve fund.
- $400 million, at a minimum, for additional coverage under the Federal Crop Insurance fund for the 2000 crop year.
- $400 million for dairy farmers.
- $328 million for tobacco growers.
- Up to $200 million for livestock producers.
- $45 million for peanut farmers.