See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: United States Policy in Iraq Resolution of 2007
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to direct the president to begin the phased redeployment of U.S. forces from Iraq.
- States that the president shall promptly transition the mission of U.S. forces in Iraq to commence phased redeployment from Iraq. (Sec. 2).
- States that the redeployment from Iraq should begin no later than 120 days after the enactment of the resolution, and should have the goal of redeployment by March 31, 2008. (Sec. 2).
- States that forces should only be left in Iraq to (Sec. 2):
- Protect United States and coalition personnel and infrastructure;
- Train and equip Iraqi forces; and
- Conduct targeted counter-terrorism operations.
- Requires that not later than 60 days after the date of the enactment of this act, and every 90 days thereafter, the president shall report to Congress on the progress made in such mission transition and force redeployment. (Sec. 2).