See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Alternative Energy Subsidies
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to invoke closure on an amendment to an amendment that provides tax credits for alternative energy.
More Info About this Vote
- Extends the renewable electricity, refined coal, and Indian coal production credit through Jan. 1, 2014 (sec. 801).
- Provides $3.6 billion for clean renewable energy bonds in 2008-2011 (sec. 802).
- Provides $3.8 billion in tax credits for advanced coal technology (sec. 810).
- Extends the Bio-Diesel income tax credit to Dec. 31, 2010 (sec. 825).
- Extends the alternative fuel credit to Dec. 31, 2012 (sec. 827).
- Provides a $2,500 tax credit for plug in electric vehicles, including an increased tax credit for larger electric vehicles and provisions for battery capacity (sec. 842).
- Extends the Energy Efficient Home tax credit to Dec. 31, 2011 (sec. 852).
- Includes tax credits for energy efficient appliances (sec. 854).
- Increases the oil spill liability trust fund tax to 10 cents and extends the tax to 2017 (sec. 883).
- Extends foreign ethanol tariff to 2011 (sec. 831).
NOTE: INVOKING CLOTURE REQUIRES A 3/5 MAJORITY OF THE SENATE. IT IS NOT A VOTE ON THE PASSAGE OF THE PIECE OF LEGISLATION, BUT LIMITS FURTHER DEBATE TO 30 HOURS. CLOTURE IS TYPICALLY USED TO END A FILIBUSTER. A FAILED CLOTURE VOTE OFTEN PREVENTS THE LEGISLATION FROM EVER COMING TO A VOTE.