See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act of 2008
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that appropriates $59.40 billion for the Department of Commerce, the Department of Justice, science, and other agencies.
- Prohibits the use of funds in this bill to purchase first class or premium airline seats under most circumstances (Sec. 537).
- Appropriates the following:
- $9.36 billion for the Department of Commerce, including $4.22 billion for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, $1.92 billion for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and $1.24 billion for the Bureau of the Census;
- $24.12 billion for the Department of Justice, including $6.58 billion for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), $5.65 billion for the Federal Prison System, $1.85 billion for the Drug Enforcement Administration, $622.50 million for the Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) program, and $7.85 million for the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety program;
- $25.02 billion for sciences, including $18.46 billion for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and $6.55 billion for the National Science Foundation; and
- $899.70 million for related agencies, including $390.00 million for the Legal Services Corporation, $378.00 million for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and $68.4 million for the International Trade Commission.