See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Removal of ANWR Provision from HR 2863
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a concurrent resolution that strikes provisions from the Department of Defense Appropriations bill concerning the Artic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) and provisions that allocate a portion of the proceeds from ANWR to the Gulf Coast Recovery.
- Cuts legislative language that authorized the Secretary of the Interior to explore, lease, develop and produce oil and gas on the Artic Coastal Plain which includes the Artic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR).
- Cuts a revolving fund called the "Gulf Coast Recovery and Disaster Prevention and Assistance Fund" which if created would collect a portion of bonus bids, rentals and royalty revenues that would have amounted from the oil and gas leasing.
- Cuts $2 billion in FY 2006 appropriating funds for Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
- Removes the provision that directs $2 billion to the Gulf Coast recovery and reconstruction from the funds exceeding the estimated $10 billion to be generated from the 2009 auction of analog television transmissions spectrum.
- Eliminates a provision providing $2 billion to State and local government preparations for national disaster or terrorist attacks from the funds exceeding the estimated $10 billion from the 2009 auction of the analog television transmission.