Steve Barrar's Biography
Office: State House (PA) - District 160, Republican
Stephen 'Steve' E. Barrar
Wife: Elena; 2 Children: Stephanie, Elizabeth
Upper Chichester, PA
Attended, Delaware County Community College
Graduate, United States Navy Radio and Communication School, 1973
Representative, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 160, 1996-present
Candidate, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 160, 2018
Upper Chichester Township Commissioner, Board of Commissioners, 1991- 1996
President, Upper Chichester Township Board of Commissioners, 1994-1996
Former Member, Consumer Affairs Committee, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Former Member, Liquor Control Committee, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Former Member, State Government Committee, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Owner, Barrar Brothers Landscape Contractors, 1978-1997
Owner/President, Twin Oaks Garden Mart, Incorporated, 1984-1997
Radioman, United States Navy, 1973-1975
Member, Chadds Ford Business Association, 2001-present
Member, Aston Business and Professional Association, 1998-present
Member, Chichester Business Association, 1985-present
Member, Bethel Veterans of Foreign Wars Post
Member, Chichester Band Parents Association
Member, Concord Masonic Lodge Number 625
Member, Delaware County Chamber of Commerce
Member, Home and School Association
Honorary Member, Military Order of the Purple Heart
Member, National Federation of Independent Businesses
Member, Penndelco Education Foundation, 2004
Member, Aston Business and Professional Association, since 1998
Member, Republican Committee, 1992-1994
* Fireman's Legislative Federation 2012 James Baird Legislator of the Year Award.
* 2014 Recipient of the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association "Standing with Nurses" Award.
* 2012 Legislator of the Year award by the Ambulance Association of Pennsylvania.
* 2011 Legislator of the Year award by The Pennsylvania Chapter of the National Emergency Number Association.
* The President's Award for Public Service from the Burn Foundation.
* Recognition of Appreciation from the Delaware County Community College.
* Legislator of the Year from the Pennsylvania Transportation Management.
* Association for his effort to promote cycling to work and bicycle safety.
* Four-time recipient of the American Enterprise Award from the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce.
* The Legion of Honor from the Chapel of the Four Chaplains.
* A Humanitarian Award from the Pennsylvania Chiropractic Association.
* The Kay F. Thompson Outstanding Legislator Award from the Pennsylvania Dental Association.
* The William Wikoff Smith Award from the Philadelphia Ship Preservation Guild.
Names of Grandchildren:
Ethan Francis Toth and Caden Stephen Toth, Ainsle Caroline Barnett
Number of Grandchildren: