Jodey Arrington's Issue Positions (Political Courage Test)
- U.S. House (TX) - District 19, Republican
Official Position: Candidate addressed this issue directly by taking the Political Courage Test.
Inferred Position: Candidate refused to address this issue, but Vote Smart inferred this issue based on the candidate's public record, including statements, voting record, and special interest group endorsements.
Unknown Position: Candidate refused to address this issue, or we could not infer an answer for this candidate despite exhaustive research of their public record.
Additional Information: Click on this icon to reveal more information about this candidate's position, from their answers or Vote Smart's research.
Other or Expanded Principles & Legislative Priorities are entered exactly as candidates submit them. Vote Smart does not edit for misspelled words, punctuation or grammar.
Jodey Arrington has failed to provide voters with positions on key issues covered by the 2020 Political Courage Test, despite repeated requests from Vote Smart and voters like you.
For Presidential and Congressional candidates who refuse to provide voters with their positions, Vote Smart has researched their public records to determine their likely responses. These issue positions are from 2020.
- Voted in favor of HR 4712 - Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act. (votesmart.org)
- "I Believe Life is a Gift from God, Begins at Conception and that unborn children have the constitutional right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." (jodeyarrington.com)
- Rated 0% by Planned Parenthood. (votesmart.org)
- "By stopping unnecessary and abusive regulations, oppressive taxation, and eliminating laws that harm our economy, we can empower the people of our country to create more opportunities for our families, farmers and small businesses." (jodeyarrington.com)
- Voted in favor of HR 1 "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" (votesmart.org)
- "This week, the House Ways and Means Committee held a hearing on #MedicareforAll: a socialist, single-payer system that would take away patient choice, kick 180 million Americans off private insurance, double our taxes, and end Medicare as we know it for seniors." (twitter.com)
- Rated 0% by Alliance for Retired Americans. (votesmart.org)
- Rated 0% by Common Cause. (votesmart.org)
- "... to encourage elected officials to do what is right for the people who elected them, not for political parties or D.C. special interests. Proud to have a few of my colleagues join me on the House floor to discuss our desire for cultural change in Washington." (twitter.com)
- "We are demonizing & defunding the police and allowing rogue prosecutors to go after those who defend themselves from unmitigated chaos, violence, and domestic terrorism." (twitter.com)
- "I am proud that our president loves and respects the men and women in blue and recognizes that neither federalizing, nor defunding the police, is the solution to better policing." (votesmart.org)
- "Our budget: rebuilds our military & strengthens our national defense, reins in our national debt, paves the way for bold #TaxReform" (twitter.com)
- "This #NDAA is a strong down payment to ensure our men & women in uniform are safe & our missions are successful. It strengthens our military, funds Dyess Air Force Base, modernizes our defense arsenal, & gives our troops the pay raise they deserve. (cbsn.ws)
- "It's time we reinvest in our Armed Forces, empower our military, and send a message to terrorists and terrorist nations -- when you endanger our nation, threaten our allies, and kill Americans, there will be no compromise and the consequences will be severe." (votesmart.org)
- "The U.S. federal debt has surpassed $20 trillion for the first time. Congress MUST get this reckless spending under control!" (twitter.com)
- "I'm very proud to be working across the aisle with my good friend and colleague, Rep. Henry Cuellar, on this important legislation," said U.S. Representative Jodey Arrington (TX-19). "With a stronger farm bill, a new and improved trade deal with Canada and Mexico, and one of the largest energy basins' in the world - establishing a four-lane, federal highway from West Texas through the Heartland is critical to enhancing America's agriculture and energy dominance. However you want to measure it - new jobs, economic growth, reductions in traffic and accidents - the return on investment for the Ports-to-Plains highway project is tremendous, not only for Texas, but for the entire country." (votesmart.org)
- "Great news for #WTX today: @FAANews has announced an $8.8 million grant to @LBBAirport! This important infrastructure investment will help ensure the #HubCity continues to be a leader in agriculture, energy, higher education, economic growth, & more" (twitter.com)
- "For too long, Washington has played by a different set of rules. We must stop the reckless spending & eliminate our national debt!" (twitter.com)
- "The fiscal year 2019 budget sets us on a sustainable path by reducing the real driver of our debt â unchecked mandatory spending, chipping away at the deficit, and balancing the budget in nine years." (twitter.com)
- "The best thing you can do is not just let hardworking Americans keep more of their money, itâs to give them a better, higher-paying job. If we had a 20% corporate tax rate in 2016, $140 billion would have been re-invested to create more jobs here instead of sending them overseas!" (twitter.com)
- Voted in favor of HR 1 "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" (votesmart.org)
- "Our government's aggressive response to a global pandemic and looming national crisis has upended every sector of our economy and all aspects of our lives. It's crucial we move quickly to provide temporary relief for our working families, small businesses, and frontline health care professionals," (votesmart.org)
- Voted in favor of HR 266 - Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enhancement Act. (votesmart.org)
- Rated 0% by National Education Association. (votesmart.org)
- "Today I joined @POTUS as he signed two education bills I cosponsored into law. Washington shouldn't decide what is best for our students!" (twitter.com)
- "Our education systems are best run at the state and local levels. The more we pull the heavy hand of the federal government out of our schools, the more freedom they will have to do whatâs best locally for the next generation of leaders." (twitter.com)
- Rated 100% by American Energy Alliance. (votesmart.org)
- Voted in favor of HR 1119 - SENSE Act. (votesmart.org)
- "We need policies that are not hostile to America's main source of energy. Instead, we should put forth solutions that encourage the continued development of all energy resources, while setting high and responsible standards for environmental quality and human health." (votesmart.org)
- "Oil & gas is Americaâs foundation for energy dominance, but growing renewable sources of power & diversifying our energy sources is smart energy policy. Nobody produces more fossil & renewable energy than #WTX. Sweetwater is a great example of an "all the above" energy strategy." (twitter.com)
- "The Paris Agreement was little more than political window dressing, but its negative effects on our economy would have been real: higher energy costs for our working families and a big wet blanket over our growing economy. Meanwhile, the United States leads the world in reducing carbon emissions -- more than China and the EU combined." (votesmart.org)
- "The EPA Seeks to Inflict Control on Our Farmers, Ranchers, and Energy Producers. I'll fight to rein in the excessive regulations that stifle American agriculture and energy production." (jodeyarrington.com)
- Voted in favor of HR 1628 - American Health Care Act of 2017. (votesmart.org)
- "Obamacare was sold to the American public based on lies and has been preserved through corruption, lawlessness, and abuse of authority. I will work tirelessly for its repeal and replace it with common sense reforms to expand meaningful, affordable coverage." (jodeyarrington.com)
- ""Today, I am proud that Republicans united to deliver on our promise and advance our vision of reining in government and restoring liberty, by taking a solid step towards repealing Obamacare." (votesmart.org)
- Voted in favor of HR 6201 - Families First Coronavirus Response Act. (votesmart.org)
- Rated 95% by NumbersUSA. (votesmart.org)
- "The federal government hasn't just failed to secure our borders under the Obama Administration, they have actively encouraged more illegal immigration by not enforcing existing laws and enacting unconstitutional policies to prevent deportation and the prosecution of illegal immigrants accused of crimes." (jodeyarrington.com)
- Signed a letter stating: "We write to urge increased diplomatic action by the United States to renew the expiring United Nations arms embargo against Iran and United Nations travel restrictions on those Iranian individuals involved with dangerous proliferation activities. U.N. Security Council Resolution 2231 bans arms transfers to and from Iran, yet Iran routinely violates this resolution with impunity, particularly in Syria, Iraq, and Yemen. Iran's illicit transfers of weapons directly contribute to some of the most destabilizing threats to the United States and our partners in the Middle East such as Israel and the Gulf States. Even so, the resolution serves as an important means to restrain the sale of weapons to Iran and makes a clear continued international resolve to stop Iran's illicit weapons transfers." (votesmart.org)
- "Americans deserve better. Americans deserve the truth. The Iran Deal should be ripped to shreds." (twitter.com)
- "Todayâs announcement by @POTUS sends a clear message that we will not be held hostage by the nuclear ambitions of a rogue and destabilizing regime. I applaud President Trumpâs resolve and share his commitment that Iran not become a nuclear-armed state, not now, and not ever." (twitter.com)
- "With continued uncertainly in the Middle East and the Korean peninsula, it is critical, now more than ever, that we sufficiently fund our military and its operations to remain the strongest fighting force in the world." (twitter.com)
- "To that end, I am imploring the President and his administration to provide relief to those industries most affected by these tariffs, agriculture being chief among them. We must achieve two things: one, give the President the runway to force China to a fairer deal; and two, ensure our producers and manufacturers can stay in business until we get to the other side of these negotiations." (votesmart.org)
- "Trade with our neighbors to the north and the south supports almost a million Texas jobs, and our state's economy stands to grow considerably thanks to the nearly $70 billion in real GDP and more than 170,000 jobs that USMCA is projected to deliver," Arrington wrote." (votesmart.org)
Vote Smart does not permit the use of its name or programs in any campaign activity, including advertising, debates, and speeches.