Al Green's Issue Positions (Political Courage Test)
Office: U.S. House (TX) - District 9, Democratic
On The Ballot: Running, Democratic for U.S. House (TX) - District 9
Official Position: Candidate addressed this issue directly by taking the Political Courage Test.
Inferred Position: Candidate refused to address this issue, but Vote Smart inferred this issue based on the candidate's public record, including statements, voting record, and special interest group endorsements.
Unknown Position: Candidate refused to address this issue, or we could not infer an answer for this candidate despite exhaustive research of their public record.
Additional Information: Click on this icon to reveal more information about this candidate's position, from their answers or Vote Smart's research.
Other or Expanded Principles & Legislative Priorities are entered exactly as candidates submit them. Vote Smart does not edit for misspelled words, punctuation or grammar.
Al Green has refused to provide voters with positions on key issues covered by the 2020 Political Courage Test, despite repeated requests from Vote Smart and voters like you.
For Presidential and Congressional candidates who refuse to provide voters with their positions, Vote Smart has researched their public records to determine their likely responses. These issue positions are from 2020.
- "The #GOPTaxScam is the Grinch stealing Christmas, increasing taxes for millions of families. The GOP will use this as a reason to increase the deficit, cutting vital programs for middle class families. This bill is inequality at its worst. Explain this vote to your constituents." (twitter.com)
- "Day Two of the #TrumpShutdown. For months, Democrats were clear on what would need to be included in any spending bill. Rather than negotiate and compromise, the President has sacrificed funding our government to fund tax breaks for the very rich." (twitter.com)
- Signed a letter stating: "The irresponsible tax cuts you are pursuing will explode the federal deficit, violating the principle, enshrined in the 2010 Statutory PAYGO law, that tax cuts should be paid for." (votesmart.org)
- Voted in favor of HR 1 - For the People Act. (votesmart.org)
- Voted in favor of HR 22 - Fixing America's Surface Transportation (FAST) Act. (votesmart.org)
- "The faulty corporate welfare and billionaire benefit plan passed by the Senate has come back to the House. Don't vote the same mistake twice. Kill the bill. #GOPTaxScam #RepealAndReplaceTrump" (twitter.com)
- "The GOP has voted for the faulty corporate welfare and billionaire benefit plan AGAIN. How do you explain making the same mistake twice? #GOPTaxScam #RepealAndReplaceTrump" (twitter.com)
- Rated 100% by the National Education Association. (votesmart.org)
- Rated 0% by American Energy Alliance. (votesmart.org)
- Rated 13% by the National Rifle Association. (votesmart.org)
- Voted in favor of HR 1112 - Enhanced Background Checks Act of 2019. (votesmart.org)
- "We cannot allow these tragedies to remain talking points until the next mass shooting occurs. We must make them action items by taking up legislation to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines in tandem with impeachment. We must return to Capitol Hill and act now." (votesmart.org)
- Voted in favor of H J Res 46 - Relating to a national emergency declared by the President on February 15, 2019. (votesmart.org)
- "First the shutdown forcing hundreds of thousands of Americans to go without pay, and now the President wants to divert disaster relief funding to pay for a border wall that he promised Americans Mexico would pay for. Mr. President, you truly have no shame!" (twitter.com)
- "If President Trump is truly serious about confronting the complex issue of immigration, it should be apparent to him that focusing singularly on the expansion of the border wall is 'clear, simple, and wrong.'" (votesmart.org)
- "While I do not believe that the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action when properly implemented will bring peace to the world, I do believe world peace is better served with it than without it. It provides Iran, a country we do not trust, an opportunity to be nuclear-weapon-free." (votesmart.org)
- Rated 5% by Center for Security Policy. (votesmart.org)
- Signed a letter stating: "We must allow our negotiating team the space and time necessary to build on the progress made in the political framework and turn it into a long-term, verifiable agreement. If we do not succeed, Congress will remain at-the-ready to act and present you with additional options to ensure that Iran is prevented from acquiring a nuclear weapon" (votesmart.org)
- Rated 90% by Public Citizen. (votesmart.org)
Vote Smart does not permit the use of its name or programs in any campaign activity, including advertising, debates, and speeches.