America's senior citizens deserve the best we can offer. However, outdated, big-government policies aren't always offering them the best opportunities for a healthy, prosperous retirement.
For current seniors, Marco will enact reforms to improve their financial well-being and protect the promises we've made to them. For future retirees, Marco will modernize and strengthen our programs so they're available for tomorrow's seniors.
Strengthen and Reform Social Security and Medicare
As President, Marco will protect Social Security and Medicare by:
* Making no changes for those in or near retirement
* Defending Medicare and Medicare Advantage for current seniors
These programs won't be around for future generations unless something is done to reform them, however. For future retirees, Marco will:
* Gradually increase the retirement age for future retirees, to keep up with changes in life expectancy
* Reduce the growth in benefits for upper-income seniors while strengthening the program for low-income seniors
* Transition Medicare to a premium-support system, which would give seniors a generous but fixed amount with which to purchase health coverage, either from Medicare or a private provider
Boost Seniors' Incomes
To improve seniors' economic opportunities, Marco will:
* Exempt Americans over 65 who wish to keep working from the payroll tax, strengthening the economy and seniors' nest eggs
* Abolish the Retirement Earnings Test, which discourages work and does nothing to help Social Security's long-term solvency
Repeal Obamacare and Modernize Our Health System
As President, Marco will repeal Obamacare and strengthen Medicare, which would mean:
* Shuttering Obamacare's Independent Payment Advisory Board, a panel of unelected bureaucrats whose ultimate aim is to ration care for the elderly
* Strengthening Medicare Advantage, which gives many seniors a choice of plans offering a wide range of benefits
* Making the Medicare trust fund permanently solvent, so that every senior enrolled in Medicare today can rely on the program for the rest of his or her life
* Giving seniors -- and future retirees -- more options to choose the coverage they need and the doctors they see
Overhaul Our Tax Code
Marco supports a comprehensive tax reform plan that would eliminate taxes on capital gains, dividends, and interest, eliminating double taxation on the savings seniors have accumulated over a lifetime of hard work.
His plan would also get rid of the death tax, enabling Americans to pass on their farms, businesses, and hard-earned wealth to their relatives without paying even more in taxes or engaging in complicated tax planning.