Congresswoman Julia Letlow (LA-05) today voted to support the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2023, legislation that delivers a 4.6 percent pay raise for service members and invests more than $222 million in Louisiana's military installations.
In addition, the current version of the NDAA helps protect the Alexandria VA Hospital by eliminating the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs' (VA) Asset and Infrastructure Review Board, which recommended the complete closure of the facility earlier this year.
"I voted for the NDAA because it will give a pay raise to our troops, invest millions in improvements at Fort Polk and Camp Beauregard, and is essential for our fight to keep the Alexandria VA Hospital open. At this time of international unrest, with our adversaries such as Russia and China becoming increasingly more aggressive, we must ensure our military has the tools here at home to protect our nation," Letlow said.
The NDAA authorizes --
* $93 million for Fort Polk in Leesville
* $765,000 for Camp Beauregard in Pineville
* $125 million for Barksdale Air Force Base in Bossier Parish
* $1.65 million for Louisiana National Guard facilities in New Orleans
* $1.65 million for Louisiana National Guard facilities in Abbeville
The legislation now moves to the U.S. Senate for further consideration.