See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Unemployment Benefits Extension
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to concur with Senate amendments and pass a bill that extends federal unemployment benefits.
- Extends unemployment insurance provisions in the following Acts by approximately 2 months (Sec. 2):
- The "Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008;"
- The "Assistance for Unemployed Workers and Struggling Families Act;" and
- The "Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008."
- Extends the expiration date of the eligibility period for COBRA benefits from March 31, 2010 to May 31, 2010 (Sec. 3).
- Increases the Medicare physician payment update by extending the date through which the update to the single conversion factor shall be 0 percent from March 31, 2010 to May 31, 2010 (Sec. 4).
- Prohibits the Secretary of Health and Human Services from publishing updated poverty guidelines for 2010 before May 31, 2010, and specifies that the 2009 guidelines shall be in effect until updated guidelines are published (Sec. 6).
- Appropriates $80 million to the Business Loans Program Account of the Small Business Administration for fee reductions and eliminations and loan guarantees (Sec. 10).
- Designates this Act (with the exception of Section 4) an emergency with regard to the Statutory Pay-As-You-Go Act of 2010 (Sec. 12).