See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Water Resources in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Valley
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that requires the Secretary of the Interior to reallocate water from environmental restoration efforts to Central Valley Project water service contractors.
- Requires the Secretary of the Interior to allocate water for irrigation purposes to existing Central Valley Project water service contractors within the Sacramento River watershed (Sec. 403).
- Requires the water allocated for fish, wildlife and habitat restoration purposes to be replaced and provided to Central Valley Project water service contractors by December 31, 2016, at the lowest cost achievable (Sec. 101).
- Authorizes the provision of “reasonable” amounts of water for the purposes of fish, wildlife and habitat restoration, whereas existing law required the provision of this amount of water (Sec. 105).
- Exempts the Central Valley Project and State Water Project from the water quality and operational requirements contained in the Endangered Species Act (Sec. 108).
- Repeals existing statutes requiring the reintroduction of a certain species of salmon, the California Central Valley Spring Run Chinook salmon, to the San Joaquin River (Sec. 211).