See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that prohibits federal funds from being used for an abortion or health benefits if the plan includes coverage of an abortion.
- Prohibits funds appropriated by the federal government from being used for an abortion or for health benefits coverage that include coverage for abortion (Sec. 101).
- Prohibits health care services performed by a federal government facility or by a medical professional employed by the federal government from including an abortion (Sec. 101).
- Specifies that nothing in this bill prohibits the purchase of health benefits coverage that includes abortion if the coverage is entirely paid for without federal matching funds or state or local contributions of Medicaid matching funds (Sec. 101).
- Specifies that the provisions of this bill do not apply to an abortion that is necessary for the health of the woman or if the pregnancy is a result of rape or incest (Sec. 101).
- Specifies that the provisions of this bill apply to the District of Columbia (Sec. 101).
- Prohibits the Internal Revenue Service from providing a refundable credit for health benefits coverage if the coverage includes abortion (Sec. 201).