See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Prohibits a Federal Employee from Requesting Foreign Intelligence Information in Relation to a US Citizen
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to adopt an amendment to HR 4870 that prohibits a federal employee from querying a collection of foreign intelligence information in relation to a US citizen.
- Prohibits an employee of the United States from using funds appropriated by this bill to utilize certain foreign intelligence information using a “United States person identifier” except when the intelligence was collected under circumstances that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The information was collected through electronic surveillance through an “ex parte” order;
- The information was collected through a pen register or trap; or
- The information was collected through an Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court order approving the targeting of a United States citizen “reasonably” believed to be located outside of the United States.
- Prohibits the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) from requesting that an individual make alterations to products or services to permit electronic surveillance by the NSA or CIA.