See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Authorizes Recreational Use of Marijuana
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that authorizes the use of recreational marijuana.
More Info About this Vote
- Authorizes an individual 21 years or older to possess cannabis in amounts that do not exceed the “possession limit” (Sec. 2).
- Defines “possession limit” as any 1 of the following amounts (Sec. 1):
- An amount of 1 ounce of cannabis;
- An amount of 100 square foot plot of cannabis plants; and
- Any additional cannabis produced by the individual’s cannabis plants so long as amounts exceeding 1 ounce are in a secure indoor facility.
- Prohibits an individual from cultivating, processing, packaging, transporting, testing, or selling cannabis without obtaining a “cannabis establishment” registration (Sec. 5).
- Defines “cannabis establishment” as a cultivator, transporter, product manufacturer, testing, laboratory, retailer, or lounge registered to engage in commercial cannabis activity (Sec. 1).
NOTE: THIS IS A SUBSTITUTE BILL, MEANING THE LANGUAGE OF THE ORIGINAL BILL HAS BEEN REPLACED. THE DEGREE TO WHICH THE SUBSTITUTE BILL TEXT DIFFERS FROM THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE TEXT CAN VARY GREATLY.