See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Working Families Flexibility Act of 1996
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that gives employees the option to choose between one and one-half hours of compensatory time-off for each hour worked or overtime pay for extra hours worked.
- Requires an employer and employee to reach an agreement before compensatory time can be offered.
- Stipulates that an employee of a private agency cannot earn more than 240 hours of compensatory time.
- Prohibits an employer from coercing employees into making a decision when choosing to accept compensatory time off or payment for overtime hours worked.
- Requires an employer to pay for compensatory time not taken by the end of a 12-month period, or at the time of employee termination.
- Requires employers to allow employees to use their earned compensatory time within a reasonable amount of time after the employee requests its use, unless it overly disrupts operations.