See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Appropriations Bill FY96, Legislative Branch
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that appropriates $2.17 billion to the Legislative Branch for the fiscal year 1996.
- Terminates the Office of Technology Assessment (OTA) and directs the Architect of the Capitol to submit a proposal on how to transfer the OTA's functions to agencies of the legislative branch.
- $671.06 million to the House of Representatives, including $360.5 million for members' representational allowances.
- $426.92 million to the Senate, including $69.73 million for compensation of officers and employees.
- $374.41 million to the General Accounting Office (GAO) for salaries and expenses.
- $352.4 million to the Library of Congress for salaries and expenses, furnishings, and the Congressional Research Service.
- $155.4 million to the office of the Architect of the Capitol for salaries and expenses, and general upkeep of the Congressional buildings.
- $114.08 million to the Government Printing Office (GPO) for salaries and expenses of the office of the Superintendent of Documents.
- $72.69 million for Capitol Police salaries and expenses.