See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Foreign Operations FY2000 Appropriations bill
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that would appropriate $12.7 billion for foreign operations, export financing and related programs for fiscal year 2000.
- $2.88 billion for Israel, including $1.92 billion for military operations and $960 million for economic assistance programs.
- $2.03 billion for Egypt, including $1.3 billion for military operations and $735 million for economic assistance programs.
- $620.5 million for export assistance, including funds for the Export-Import Bank of the United States, the Overseas Private Investment Corporation, and the Trade and Development Agency.
- $535 million for rebuilding in the Baltic States, including the following: $150 million for Kosovo, $85 million for Albania, $60 million for Romania, $55 million for Macedonia, $45 million for Bulgaria and $35 million for Montenegro.
- $225 million for Jordan, including $150 million for economic assistance programs and $75 million for military operations.