HR 5719 - Amending Tax Code Provisions and IRS Practices - National Key Vote
See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Amending Tax Code Provisions and IRS Practices
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that makes changes to the practices of the Internal Revenue Service and various provisions of tax code.
- Repeals the authority of the IRS to enter into debt collection contracts with private organizations (Sec. 14).
- Requires that amounts paid out of a health savings account must be substantiated in order to be exempt from income tax (Sec. 17).
- Requires that foreign persons or companies working under a U.S. government contract be treated as U.S. employers for tax purposes (Sec. 18).
- Removes cellular phones from the list of items an employee must include as income if the employee utilizes them for personal use (Sec. 3).
- Delays the application of a law requiring a withholding of three percent from the payment of any U.S. government contract from December 31, 2010 to December 31, 2011 (Sec. 4).
- Requires the Secretary of the Treasury to notify a taxpayer of any suspected identity theft or criminal charges of identity theft (Sec. 13).
- Requires that, in cases where a taxpayer may be eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit but has not previously filed for it, the Secretary of the Treasury must notify the taxpayer that they may be eligible (Sec. 8).
Title: IRS Practices and Tax Provisions
- Shelley Berkley (NV - D) (Out Of Office)
- Earl Blumenauer (OR - D)
- Joseph 'Joe' Crowley (NY - D) (Out Of Office)
- Elijah E. Cummings (MD - D) (Out Of Office)
- Keith Maurice Ellison (MN - D) (Out Of Office)
- Rahm Emanuel (IL - D) (Out Of Office)
- Gabrielle Giffords (AZ - D) (Out Of Office)
- John Hall (NY - D) (Out Of Office)
- Ronald James 'Ron' Kind (WI - D)
- John R. Lewis (GA - D) (Out Of Office)
- Tim Mahoney (FL - D) (Out Of Office)
- James A. 'Jim' McDermott (WA - D) (Out Of Office)
- Kendrick B. Meek Sr. (FL - D) (Out Of Office)
- Earl Pomeroy (ND - D) (Out Of Office)
- Stephanie Tubbs Jones (OH - D) (Out Of Office)
- Timothy J. 'Tim' Walz (MN - D) (Out Of Office)
- Peter F. Welch (VT - D)