See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that expands federally protected lands and waters.
- Designates land in 9 states as potential wilderness areas (Title I).
- Grants the state of Alaska a seven-mile easement for constructing a single-lane airport access road through the Izembek National Wildlife Refuge in exchange for the transfer of 43,093 acres of state-owned land to the federal wildlife refuge system (Title VI, Subtitle E).
- Expands the National Wild and Scenic Rivers System (Title V, Subtitle A).
- Adds to the National Trails System (Title V, Subtitle C).
- Authorizes $1 million to provide grants to states and Indian tribes to compensate ranchers for livestock killed by wolves and to assist non-lethal methods to reduce wolf attacks (Title VI, Subtitle F).
- Allows for the preservation of former President William Jefferson Clinton’s childhood home as a National Historic Site (Title VII, Subtitle A, Sec. 7002).
- Authorizes appropriations for projects to improve water management and conservation (Title IX and Secs. 10101, 10202 of Title X).