See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009
- Adds land to wilderness areas in 9 states under the National Wilderness Preservation System (Title I).
- Affirms that no provision of this act may be used to close public lands to recreational use by the public (Title II).
- Authorizes $1 million to provide grants to states and Indian tribes to compensate ranchers for livestock killed by wolves and to assist with non-lethal methods to reduce wolf attacks (Title VI, Subtitle C).
- Grants the state of Alaska 1,806 acres of federal land to construct an emergency access road through the Izembek National Wildlife Refuge in exchange for 43,093 acres of non-federal land (Title VI, Subtitle E).
- Authorizes the Bureau of Reclamation to study and construct specific water projects (Title IX, Subtitle A).
- Authorizes the Secretary of the Interior to carry out water settlements agreed to in court and creates the Reclamation Water Settlements Management Fund (Title X).
- Authorizes appropriations for ocean research, exploration, and conservation (Title XII).
- Expands funding for paralysis treatment (Title XIV).