Bernie Sanders' Ratings and Endorsements on Issue: Labor Unions
Office: U.S. Senate (VT) - Jr, Independent Minority Caucus Chair for Outreach
- AFSCME Local 3299 (American Federation of State, County, & Municipal Employees)
- AFT Vermont (American Federation of Teachers)
- AFT Washington (American Federation of Teachers)
- American Postal Workers Union
- American Postal Workers Union of New Hampshire
- Boston Independent Drivers Guild (BIDG)
- Clark County Education Association
- Inlandboatmen's Union of the Pacific
- National Nurses United
- National Union of Healthcare Workers
- Pennsylvania Federation of the Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employees
- Professional Staff Congress City University of New York (PSC-CUNY)
- State Employees Association of New Hampshire
- UFCW (United Food and Commercial Workers) Local 21
- United Electrical Radio and Machine Workers
- United Teachers Los Angeles
- UNITE HERE-Local 11 (Arizona)
- UNITE HERE-Local 11 (California)
- University Professional and Technical Employees
Vote Smart displays all known interest group ratings for each candidate and official, regardless of issue or bias.
Keep in mind that ratings done by special interest groups often do not represent a non-partisan stance. In addition, some groups select votes that tend to favor members of one political party over another, rather than choosing votes based solely on issue concerns. Nevertheless, they can be invaluable in showing where an incumbent has stood on a series of votes in the past one or two years, especially when ratings by groups on all sides of an issue are compared. Website links, if available, and descriptions of the organizations offering performance evaluations are accessible by clicking on the name of the group.
With rare exceptions, Vote Smart displays interest group ratings as a 0-100 percentage. While many interest groups use percentages as ratings to begin with, please note that Vote Smart has translated some ratings to a percentage from a different rating system for consistency and ease in understanding. Please visit the group's website, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Voter Information Hotline at 1-888-VOTESMART for more specific information.