Registration Deadline: The deadline to register to vote for any election is 21 days prior to that election.
Party Affiliation: Each party chooses the groups of voters they allow to vote in their primary.
VOTER REGISTRATION QUALIFICATIONS
Age: Be 18 years of age or older
Citizenship: Must be a United States citizen
Residency: Must be a resident of Kansas
Felony Convictions: If you have been convicted of a felony, you must have received final discharge from imprisonment, parole, or conditional release
ID Requirements for Registering: You must enter your current Kansas driver’s license number or non-driver’s identification card number. If you do not have either one, enter the last four digits of your Social Security number. If you do not have any of these numbers, write “none” in the box and provide another form for ID.
OBTAINING A VOTER REGISTRATION FORM
Online: register to vote online
In person: Registration forms are available at many locations established by the county election officer. Contact your county elections office to find out where you can pick up a registration form.
By fax: Contact your county elections official for faxing option.
VERIFYING YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION STATUS
OBTAINING AN ABSENTEE BALLOT
In person: Visit your local county elections office to apply for advance voting.
By mail: Contact your county election officer to request an application for an advance voting ballot.
Military and overseas voting: Military and overseas voters can register with Federal Services voting and vote by mail, fax, or electronically from outside their county. Learn more here.
SUBMITTING AN ABSENTEE BALLOT
Location and time: Complete and return your ballot to your county election office by mail beginning 20 days before the general election. All ballots MUST be postmarked on or before election day and received in the county election office by the close of business on the Friday following the election..
See specific times, locations, and updates here- under the section titled: Advance Voting- By Mail.
Early voting qualifications: To vote early, Kansas offers registration for advance voting. Any registered voter may vote before election day.
Verifying Registration: Kansas online voter registration verification
Deciding how to vote: https://votesmart.org/
Polling Place: Kansas polling place locator
ID Requirements: All voters must show photographic identification when casting a vote in person. Acceptable forms of photo ID are as follows:
- A driver's license or non driver's identification card issued by Kansas or by another state or district or the United States;
- A concealed carry of handgun license issued by Kansas or a concealed carry of handgun or weapon license issued by another state or district of the United States;
- A United States Passport;
- An employee badge or identification document issued by a municipal, county, state or federal government office;
- A military identification document issued by the United States;
- A student identification card issued by an accredited post-secondary institution of education in the state of Kansas;
- A public assistance identification card issued by a municipal, county, state or federal government office;
- An identification card issued by a Native American tribe
How to Vote: Kansas voter guides
Verifying absentee ballot status: Kansas absentee ballot tracker